Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mat Street is a big fat wuss

With the exception of Mr. Noseeum, the Slam team is basically a family affair. The things you learn about family members once you become co-workers are interesting. For example, I found out today that Mat (@matstreet) is a big fat wuss. Since I've known him his whole life (okay, fine, he was probably already 15 minutes old the first time I saw him, but you know, 15 minutes isn't a whole lot unless you're holding your breath), it came as a bit of a suprise that I didn't know this about him before now.

The highlight of our Woubie launch party was supposed to be Mat Street jumping out of a plane and landing on the roof of my house. Today, on Facebook, he posted this comment in response to my announcement of our plans:

"Can you park an airplane in your backyard and I jump from your roof onto it instead? Pretty please? Let's think this through. Me no likey freefall!!!"

Damn baby.

Seriously, Mat, you wimp out on this, but still expect me to believe you when you say you would do anything for your family? Does your girlfriend know you're such a wimp? And since when is a feeling like freefall a negative thing for you? Also, you couldn't tell me to my face that you're chicken?

All I have to say now is that you better come up with something awesome to take the place of the plane jumping-falling-landing-splat routine.

If not I'm tellin' Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment